2018년 11월 27일 화요일

Beyond thinking



This exhibition’s owner is artist who belongs to residency in Go-yang(My hometown). I didn't even know if there was an art museum near my house, but I accidently saw it on the street. It is difficult to define the theme of exhibition because it is an exhibition that releases each new work. So I focused each artist’s works and two of them remained impressive.
  




First, this work’s name is [Firework festival] of Moon sohyun. The artist focused on the festival. The festivals of the past were an important element of civilization that deviated from everyday suffering. During the festival, people were able to boil out their desire and stress and come back to their daily lives to do their part. In modern times, however, festivals are simply meant for idle, eating and eating. To criticize this point, the artist used stimulating video art and installation work. The video which shows flies are jumping into electronic insecticide and shows empty silicone mannequins singing and dancing. Stimulating and figurative images give shock to viewers. Our university festival cannot escape from this criticism. The main character of the university festival should be college students, but in reality, the famous singers are the main characters. And alcohol is essential element. It was an opportunity to think again about the meaning of the festival.
  



Second work is [Best service] of Seo hyunwook. The strating point of this work is a question. ‘Where human’s emotion comes from?‘ He assumed that emotion did not come from experience. When a certain emotion was felt, he measured brain waves and created sounds that could trigger them. In exhibition hall, there are three rooms. and one installation. Each room has headphone with sound. And each sound causes orgasm, comfort and the other one(I don’t remember well). In fact, only two or three out of ten people can feel brain wave clearly. I couldn't feel it because I was unlucky. This experience has given me second thought about cause and effect of emotion. Still, I think emotions are a product of experience. But I never imagined that advance in technology could digitalized. I also look forward to a time when emotions can be selected and felt the way we want. 


 
I also participated in docent program. But I did not expect I was the only participation. At the beginning I was nervous. t was the first time I've reactioned so hard on the docent program. She gave me lot of question too. Such as opinions about the work, my thoughts. I felt like I was actively participating in the exhibition. After the program was over, I looked around the exhibition hall slowly and enjoyed more. It was a day that I attracted small exhibition.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기